Going to bed early tonight, probably because I’m on four hours of sleep and unlike my parents (cough) and my sister (cough, cough) I never got a nap today. But perhaps a quick post of the weekend’s events would do us all well.
- March Madness is down to the Sweet 16… and I still don’t care. I don’t know what it is this year, but I have had no urge to watch any of the games, in fact, I’ve become readdicted to Seinfeld instead.
- Curtis Granderson, the center fielder for the Detroit Tigers, won’t be starting on Opening Day. It’s too bad, and I hope he returns soon – he’s a great baseball player and a real class act, not to mention a huge part of the rivalry between the Indians and the Tigers.
- Watched Beauty and the Beast with my parents, sister and little cousins on Saturday evening, and let me say this: if there’s one thing Steve Jobs has done right, it’s Pixar. The movie was good, but I think I’d pick pretty much any Pixar movie over any standard Disney movie. Mulan was pretty good, and Aladdin was also good…and come to think of it, I really liked Tarzan too. But compared to my obsession with Ratatouille and The Incredibles, no contest.
- A couple events of note in the political world. First, every candidate’s passport has been illegally investigated. Personally, I wasn’t aware a passport was such a private document. The fact it was viewed without authorization is apalling (and seriously, how do we protect these things if they’re so secret), but I’ve never really put much stock in my passport holding crucial information. Maybe that’s because I’ve only left the country once.
Second, Bill Richardson endorsed Barack Obama. Now here’s a guy who needs a lesson on timing. If he really wanted to make a difference in the campaign, he should have endorsed Obama when there were actually voters trying to make up their minds. The next primary of note is Pennsylvania, and my guess is that 90% of the people in Pennsylvania don’t know or don’t care who Bill Richardson is. I remember watching him in the debates, and of all the democratic candidates, he looked the least confortable on that stage and struck me as the least likely to become President (well, besides Kucinich).
- Opening Day is 8 days away! To get ready for the big day, the Indians have redesigned Indians.com which looks pretty nice. The weather forecast for Opening Day looks…well, it looks like Opening Day in Cleveland:
Well, it could be worse:
- On to the quote of the day:
Cops. I don’t even care about cops. I wanna’ see more garbage men. It’s much more important. All I wanna see are garbage trucks, garbage cans and garbage men. You’re never gonna’ stop crime, we should at least be clean.George Costanza, Seinfeld
Should be an interesting week. And by the way, for those of you reading this at Case, if you’re sick, don’t come near me. In fact, quit reading this blog, I don’t want to catch anything.